Senior Technical Lead AWS (Language: English or Dutch)
Senior Technical Lead AWS
Start Datum & Duur
01-04-2019 tot 31-03-2020 (1 jaar)
How it works as a Senior Technical Lead AWS
As a Technical lead, you’re responsible for the continuing development, optimisation and management of the Amazon Web Services Platform (AWS) used by International to develop its software products and take them to production. As a hands-on manager, you’re involved with the nuts and bolts of the platform, and work shifts in the monitoring team. Alongside your role, as product owner you’re the primary point of contact for the business and are responsible for prioritising the backlog and distributing work within the system team. You work in a scrum team made up of AWS developers/managers. Your work involves a great deal of coordination with other teams about technical solutions and dependencies.
Our ambition is to double the number of international journeys in 2030 compared to now. This affects International in all aspects, including sales, travel information, personalisation and safety.
Many tens of millions of sales are processed annually via AWS.
As well as being crucial for the delivery of reliable platforms, the system team works with automated pipelines and innovation to reduce the time to market and enable experimentation cost efficiently by using AI predictive models.
Thanks to your knowledge and skills, you’re invaluable when it comes to:
• prioritising and work distribution of the backlog;
• managing the system team;
• transforming business interests into technical and sustainable solutions;
• being the Chapter Lead for connecting the business IT teams to the AWS platform;
• promoting the Do-It-Yourself principle within the IT teams;
• facilitating automated software development and operation by other teams;
• being a sparring partner for the system team, developers, Product Owners and architects;
• migrating legacy systems to the cloud environment (AWS, Azure and Mendix);
• taking part in monitoring team shifts (once or twice monthly).
You have a problem-driven mentality (developing solutions in response to the question, not solutions that the question must adapt to).
What you bring to the table
- A completed HBO (Higher Vocational Education) level ICT degree as a minimum, or a proven ability to work and think at HBO level.
- At least 7 years proven experience in complex and modern cloud environments, CI/CD pipelines, possibly Docker.
- AWS certification, e.g. AWS certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator.
- Proven experience with Agile/Scrum working.
- Basic understanding of Java.
- Knowledge and experience of setting up an AWS platform.
- Proven experience with operational management.
- Understanding of advanced monitoring and alerting, backup and restore, networking etc.
- A good command of the Dutch and English languages.
Graag ontvangen wij bij interesse uw CV, motivatie (ingaan op uw ervaring met de gestelde eisen en wensen), tarief, beschikbaarheid en eventuele vakantiedagen. U kunt reageren via de onderstaande solliciteer knop.
Let op! Alle gevraagde kennis, opleiding en ervaring dienen duidelijk uit uw CV naar voren te komen. Uw sollicitatie dient minimaal te bestaan uit een CV, eventueel aangevuld met referenties e/o een motivatie. De gehele sollicitatie (CV, referentie en evt. motivatie etc.) is in het Nederlands en mag niet langer dan 8 pagina’s zijn.